Yield: 8 slices
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50-65 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 3 cups rhubarb cut into medium pieces
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup Cass Clay Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place rhubarb into the unbaked pie shell.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the rhubarb.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake an additional 40-55 minutes until the custard is mostly set. (The very center may be a little jiggly, but will set as it cools) To prevent the crust from turning to dark, make a cover with tin foil and gently wrap the edges of the crust half way through baking.
- Let cool completely before serving and store in the refrigerator before serving.
Note: If you are using frozen rhubarb be sure to thaw and pat the rhubarb dry. Also, toss it with a tablespoon of flour to account for any extra moisture.