Serves 4 / Active time: 20min & total time: 20min
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Cass Clay sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked asparagus or broccoli, cut into small pieces, if desired
- Herbs or scallions (sliced thin), if desired
- In a 12-inch, ovenproof frying pan (or cast-iron skillet,), cook bacon over medium-low until crispy. Place on a paper tower-lined plate. When cool, crumble into 1/4-inch pieces; set aside.
- In same pan, leave 2 Tbsp bacon fat, reserving rest in a small bowl. Cook potato in bacon fat over medium-high until browned and tender, 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper; add reserved bacon and potatoes.
- Preheat oven to broil, placing a rack 6 inches from heat.
- Heat reserved bacon fat in pan over medium. Add egg mixture, reduce heat to low, and cook 6 minutes. Top with cheese.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes, until eggs are set. Dollop with sour cream. Garnish with scallions, or herbs, if desired. Serve immediately.