- Cream together the butter, margarine and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add to liquid ingredients and stir.
- Add oatmeal and toffee bits. Dough will be firm.
- Make walnut-size rounded balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until done. After baking, let cookies remain on baking sheet 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
Makes about 4 1/2 to 5 dozen cookies.
** Anna M. Sanda, Williston (Mountrail-Williams Electric Co-op)