- 4 medium bananas
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- ½ cup chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups Cass-Clay vanilla ice cream
- 4–8 maraschino cherries in syrup
- ½ cup fresh berries, such as sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or blackberries
- Slice each banana lengthwise through the peel, opening a pocket in each banana. Stuff with 2 tablespoons each of chocolate chips and nuts.
- Wrap each banana in aluminum foil and seal to create a pouch for grilling. Don’t seal too tightly, but wrap enough to fully encase the stuffed banana. If unable to balance sliced-side up without tipping, place on a grilling rack for support.
- Grill on medium to medium-high heat for 8–10 minutes. Remove from the grill and transfer one foil pack to each plate or serving bowl.
- Carefully unwrap each banana, then top with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream. Garnish with fresh berries, additional nuts and chocolate chips, and top with 1–2 maraschino cherries. Serve immediately.
Note: As an alternative, top with caramel sauce, mini marshmallows, sprinkles, crushed sandwich cookies or your favorite ice cream toppings.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half magazine.