- 2 9-inch deep-dish pie crust, baked and cooled
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 oz.) carton nondairy whipped topping
- 1 (14 oz.) jar butterscotch-caramel-fudge topping (or plain caramel topping)
- 1/4 cup Cass-Clay butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 oz.) package flaked coconut
- Bake pie crusts, cool.
- In a large frying pan or electric fry pan, melt butter; add pecans and coconut. Stir constantly over low heat until golden color (do not let it burn; it gets golden very quickly). Set aside to cool. This will be used later as Layer 3.
- Layer 1: Place cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in a large mixer bowl; mix with electric mixer until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping, blending well.
- Method: Put 1/4 of cream cheese-milk-whipped topping (Layer 1) mixture in each pie shell. Drizzle caramel (Layer 2) over top
- Top with pecan-coconut (Layer 3) mixture.
- Repeat one more time in this order, ending with pecans and coconut.
- Cover with tinfoil or plastic wrap; place in freezer until serving time.
- When ready to serve, let stand 5 minutes before serving. Put rest back in freezer. Will keep for months.
** Clara Forde, Tolna (Sheyenne Valley Electric Co-op)