Chicken burrito bowls are fresh, fast, and loaded with flavor! Make it your own with a variety of toppings such as cilantro, avocado, corn, black beans or jalapeno. Top it all with fresh creamy Cass Clay Sour Cream for a delicious meal the whole family will love.
- 1 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 T of oil
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t chili powder
- ½ t cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 C medium or long-grain brown rice
- 2 C water
- 1 t salt
- cheddar cheese
- black beans
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- fresh lime wedges
- Cass Clay Sour Cream
- Add the oil, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and chicken to a large ziploc bag and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat chicken and marinate for at least an hour or as long as overnight.
- Place the rice in a large strainer or colander and rinse with cool water. Transfer rice to pot and add water and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 45 minutes and remove from heat. Fluff rice when cooled and divide evenly.
- While the rice is cooking, remove chicken from marinade and transfer to stove. Cook chicken over medium-high heat turning once 5-7 minutes or until juice runs clear. Transfer to cutting board, shred chicken, and divide evenly.
- Set out your families favorite toppings and finish each bowl with Cass Clay sour cream.