These adorable bunny cupcakes are perfect for Easter or any springtime celebration! Each bunny is topped off with decorative marshmallow ears and made fluffy and rich from Cass Clay Cultured Lowfat Buttermilk.
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix
- 4 eggs
- Cass-Clay Cultured Lowfat Buttermilk —replace the amount of liquid called for in cake mix with buttermilk / half & half for unforgettably rich and delicious cupcakes
- 1 stick of butter (see mix for exact amount)
- ⅓ C oil (see mix for exact amount)
- store bought vanilla frosting
- regular sized marshmallows
- sprinkles or nonpareils
- jelly beans, small hard candies, etc.
- Make vanilla cake mix according to directions being sure to substitute the amount of liquid called for in the mix with Cass Clay Cultured Lowfat Buttermilk. Pour batter evenly into festive cupcake liners and bake according to mixes directions. Cool fully on counter top or baking rack.
- Prepare marshmallow ears by laying marshmallows on their side and cutting diagonally with a sharp knife separating each marshmallow into two pieces. Continue process until you have two pieces or “ears” for each cupcake. Lay the marshmallows cut side down (the sticky side) into sprinkles or nonpareils. Set aside.
- When cupcakes are fully cooled, frost with vanilla frosting and top with two marshmallow ears. Finish bunnies with jelly beans or hard candies to make a cute bunny face. Serve and enjoy!