- 1 chicken breast*, cooked and chopped (or 2 (5 oz.) cans chunk chicken)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can stewed, chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup Cass-Clay sour cream
- Saute chicken, onion and celery in a pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add remaining ingredients except sour cream. Simmer about 1 hour.
- Add sour cream and simmer 15 minutes more.
- Put in serving bowls; garnish with chips and shredded cheese.
(Test note: In testing, we cooked a whole chicken, then used half the meat for this soup. The soup is attractive and very tasty! You can use a lowfat or fat-free sour cream, or lowfat chicken broth, if you’re concerned about fat and calories.)
** Joetta Iverson, Tioga (Mountrail-Williams Electric Co-op)