Creamy goodness created with your favorite Cass-Clay products.
- 4 (6-ounce) red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/3 cup celery (diced)
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% Cass-Clay low-fat milk, divided
- 1/4 cup Cass-Clay sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 bacon slices, halved
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
- Pierce potatoes with a fork. Microwave 13 minutes or until tender. Cut in half and cool slightly.
- While potatoes cook, heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add broth. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk. Add to pan with 1 1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil; stir often. Cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange bacon on a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a paper towel; microwave 4 minutes. Crumble cooked bacon.
- Remove potato from skin. Discard potato skins. Coarsely mash potatoes into soup. Garnish with cheese, green onions and bacon