Enjoy this cheese lover’s dream!
- 3 c. elbow macaroni
- 4 tbsp. Cass-Clay Butter
- ¼ c. flour
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 5 c. Cass-Clay milk
- 8 oz. block sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8 oz. block Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. Cass-Clay Butter (melted)
- ½ package bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 tbsp. minced chives
- sour cream
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Stir in flour; continue cooking over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 5-7 minutes or until mixtures begin to turn golden.
- Slowly add milk. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat untll thickened to the consistency of gravy and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; add cheese and stir until blended
- Mix cheese mixture with cooked macaroni; pour into greased 9×13 inch casserole dish
- Combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over mac & cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven: top with crumbled bacon, chives, and sour cream.