Your family is sure to enjoy this bacon and cheesy goodness!
- 1 bag (32 oz) frozen french fries
- cheese sauce (recipe below)
- ½ lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup Cass-Clay sour cream
For the cheese sauce:
- 2 tbsp. Cass-Clay butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup Cass-Clay milk
- 1½ cups (6 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bake the French fries according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cheese sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour. Cook and continue to whisk for a minute. Slowly add the milk. Continue to cook and stir until the mixture thickens slightly – about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese until completely melted and thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- After the fries come out of the oven, immediately drizzle with cheese sauce. Sprinkle with bacon. Drizzle with sour cream. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve immediately!