Prep time: 6
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 21 mins
½ cup milk
½ cup heavy cream
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cottage cheese (drain excess liquid)
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup blueberries
Butter for cooking pancakes
- In a large bowl mix together milk, cream, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and cottage cheese.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, nutmeg, and salt. Gently stir into milk mixture.
- Place the egg whites in a clean medium bowl With a hand mixer, beat on high speed until egg whites from stuff peaks, about 3 minutes.
- Fold egg whites into pancake batter. Be gentle and do not overmix.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt butter. Spoon in ¼ cup of pancake batter into the hot pan. Top pancake with a few blueberries. When bubbles begin to rise in the center and edges begin to brown, flip pancake over once and cook about an extra minute or two.
- Continue until all of the batter is used. You may have to add additional butter to the skillet so the pancakes don’t stick.
- Serve with syrup and fresh berries.