Prep & Cook Time: 1h 30mins / Serves: 4-6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cartons (8 cups) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Cass-Clay Heavy Whipping Cream
- Heat oven to 400 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together olive oil, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, squash, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Divide veggie mixture onto the prepared baking sheets and roast in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10–15 minutes.
- Once veggies have cooled slightly, transfer one-third into a blender with one-third of the chicken broth. Purée until smooth and then pulse in one-third of the heavy cream. Pour into a heavy-bottomed pot over low heat, stirring often. Repeat with the remaining veggies, broth and cream.
Note: Depending on your blender size, this may take more than three rounds.
- When ready to serve, ladle from the pot on the stove and drizzle in an extra splash of cream.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half Magazine